The Venture Process
- Invest in good people.
- Invest collaboratively.
- Invest in products or services that meet an undeniable need.
- Invest early through preferred or other equity instruments.
- Invest where formative assistance in building business infrastructure, management teams, and boards is welcome.
- Invest in products differentiated by defensible intellectual property or positioning.
- Invest primarily in the software, life sciences/medical, Internet infrastructure, specialty manufacturing, plastics, and data/communication technologies.
- Invest where a $50+ million financial exit or liquidity event is expected within 5 – 7 years.